One more voice...

In order to live free and happily you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice. ~Richard Bach

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

road rash


Currently the clock reads 9am. so "technically" i have been here at work for 1 1/2 hours. but in reality i've only been here for 1/2 an hour. yes, i'm suppose to start at 7:30 but today i started at 8:30. its not that i slept in. in fact i was up earlier then usual today. its not that my car broke down. in fact my car is running beautifully. and its not that i quite my job (although the thought crossed my mind). here's the truth.....i left my house at 7:05am to drive to work and stood in traffic for almost 1 and a half hours. i could have slept for another 1 and a half hours!!!! i could have slept for another 1 and a half hours!?
wow. good thing i have my coffee beside me.
it is seriously, days like this that i wished i still lived in a small town. back home in coaldale people don't freak out at the first hint of different weather. but here in calgary, people have heart attacks...hernias...seizures...deathly brain farts. i don't get it, nor will i attempt to get it. but honestly, its just snow. snow is a form of precipitation...it is not a sign that the end is coming.
seriously...3 accidents in 1 block squared. 3 lanes of traffic backed up to the outskirts of calgary. 1 lane passable. more emergency lights because there are more accidents. and i'm sitting enjoying my music and heat while others are desparately attempting to change their fate of being late by frantically cutting everyone else off. why?, don't you think people should enjoy being late for work. they can sit in their cars with the heater cranked while playing their favorite music. well, at least thats the logical thing to do, you can't really change whats already happened.

oh the joys of a jam packed city.
oh the road rash of frantic drivers.
oh me...i'm happy as a peach
driving peacefully to david gray.
what good company.
as i watch gentle snowflakes
tickle little blue (if your wondering, thats my car)
you can't change whats happened
you can't fix the problem
so live with what you've got
and love it
Happy Road Rash!

ps. the picture is by my big bro Kevan Berg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen sister amen!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Trevor said...

glad to see you haven't become citified yet! I would be cutting people off...I have lived in the city for too long...help!

8:39 AM  
Blogger YootguyMark said...

Hi Vicky,
I just read your blog for the first time today. It made me laugh!! I can't wait for the first snow here in Abbotsford- now that is ultimate pandamonium and serious cerebral flatulation. Hope you are doing well. I enjoyed your posts. Bonnie

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home